Welcome to Yorkshire Bowen Therapy
Linda Birnie MSc., MBTER, NST, Post Grad. Cert. Medical Ultrasound (Obstetrics and Gynaecology), Cert. Education, *RGN., RM., *RNMH
Linda Birnie trained and qualified with the European College of Bowen Studies and is a member of the Bowen Therapists European Register. She is also a midwife and is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Linda’s professional background spans over 30 years as a Health Service Practitioner. Her qualifications reflect her interest and commitment to people’s health and wellbeing. Her Bowen Therapy skills have been enhanced by her professional experiences.
- Bowen Therapy is time effective and cost effective. Three sessions is usually all that is needed to get the response you want.
- As a procedure, Bowen is very relaxing whilst losing none of its effectiveness in combating aches, pain and stress.
- Bowen therapy does not depend on the physical strength of the therapist. Only the pads of fingers and thumbs are used to apply minimal (gentle) pressure, rolling over various key areas of soft tissue, muscle and ligament. Many of these small movements are made during a treatment session.
- Bowen does not involve massage, deep tissue movement, joint manipulation, repeated pressure moves or the use of any oils.
- Bowen Therapy is undoubtedly unique, as it utilizes the body’s own capacity to rebalance and heal itself. These features promote Bowen as an ideal therapy for babies and children, pregnant women and for people suffering from chronic or acute pain.
All enquiries and treatments are strictly confidential.